Photo to character allows users to either upload a photo or take a photo to generate a character. The character can then be edited further in the character creator. Please note, this feature is for Contemporary characters only.
Generating a Character from a Photo
Here are some tips for generating a Vyond character from a photo.
You have two ways you can provide a photo to create a character:
- You can take a photo using your computer camera by clicking the Open Camera button and following the instructions.
- Upload a photo by dragging and dropping it into the dialog box or click browse files and select a file from your folders.
The option to generate a character from a photo will also appear if you access the character creator from the video listing page.
1. Select the Character icon:
2. Next, select the Create a New Character icon:
3. Choose the option to Create from Photo:
4. A pop up will appear where you can upload a photo or take a photo directly:
If you open camera to take a picture, a circle will appear where you can line up your face. Once the circle turns green, you can take the photo:
Please note, the browser may require you to allow camera to use for this feature.
5. Once the photo has been processed, a pop will appear, prompting you to edit the newly generated character in the Character Creator. Select the button Continue in Character Creator:
6. A tab window will appear where you can edit the character:
7. Once the character has been edited, select Save and close the tab. Your new character will be saved to your library:
For best facial detection on the photo, keep these in mind:
- Use a photo with only one face. The tool can only recognize one face at a time.
- Remove face coverings before taking the photo. Use the character creator to add any accessories after the character has been created.
- The face in the photo should be well lit.
- The face in the photo should face towards the camera. Side-facing photos may not always get successful results.
- Photos of animals will not produce any results.
Images must be either JPG or PNG and no larger than 15 MB.