Export and Import text is available for all Professional and Enterprise users. The feature allows for text within a video to be exported so that changes can be made. The changes can be imported back into the studio and will apply to the scenes. This will apply to text in the form of:
- Text to Speech
- Text in a Scene
- Mic Recording Scripts (if available)
1. Select the Download menu from the studio:
2. Select Export Text:
3. An .xlsx file will download to your browser. Open the file and you will see the below columns:
- Scene Number
- Type (text from the scene or text to speech)
- Original Text
- New Text
4. In the New Text column, type the replacement text and save the .xlsx file to your computer.
5. Next, go back to the video in the studio and select the Import Text option from the download menu:
6. A window will appear once the .xlsx file has been chosen. The window will also provide the option to change the text to speech voice. Select the language and accent from the drop down menu. Select Replace:
Please note, that once the language and accent are selected, if you do not wish to change the language or accent, uncheck the checkbox after before clicking replace.
7. The text will be replaced.
- If the imported text contains font styles that are not supported by Vyond, the font style may adopt the original font style (if the imported text is in the same language), or “Noto Sans” instead (if the imported text is in a different language).
- By default, Vyond retains the original size of the text box applied on stage. When the imported text has a different text length than the original, the font size will auto-adjust to fit into the original text box.
- Allow all scenes in the video to load prior to exporting text.