Video to Action allows users to create movements for their characters with a few simple steps. Vyond users can upload a video of an action and apply it to their Contemporary character. Video to Action is available for Professional and Enterprise users. Check out the steps below.
Please note that Video to Action is in beta testing and is only applicable to Contemporary characters. As such, your feedback and suggestions are appreciated. Please submit a support request here with any questions, suggestions, or technical issues.
Select a Contemporary character and add them to the stage:
With the character selected, open the Action panel:
Click on GENERATE ACTION at the bottom of the Action panel:
Drag and drop a video file into the Upload a video window, or browse local files to upload:
Once a video is uploaded, a new action will begin to generate in the My Library tab in the Action panel.
Click on the newly generated action thumbnail to assign it to your character
Please note, generating times will vary based on the video used.
- Use a tripod to keep the video steady
- Keep your face towards the camera
- Include the whole body in frame
- Avoid wearing loose fitting clothes, as the capture needs to see hands, feet, and limbs to match them to the character
- Keep the action short
- Have only one person in the frame
- Accepted file types: MP4
- Maximum video size: 100MB
- Maximum video duration: 10 seconds
- Maximum resolution: 4K