The option to review and approve videos is now available in Vyond. This feature allows Enterprise users to enhance security and streamline content management while ensuring compliance with branding guidelines. Take a look at the steps below. This feature is available only with an Enterprise subscription.
- How to set up Approval Management
- Approval Statuses
- How to approve a video
- Download an unapproved video
How to set up Approval Management
Team Owners can enable Approval Management in the 'Branding and Approval' settings page and control video download permissions. By default, users can download videos without restrictions. For tightened brand control, Team Owners can set this option to ‘Approved videos only’.
- From the main menu, navigate to the option Branding and Approval.
- Under Approval Management, go to Download Restriction and click Edit.
- The default setting is “No restriction”. This means that any user can download videos without approval. If you would like to prevent team members from downloading any videos before they are approved, you can select the Approved videos only option and click Save.
Once Approval Management is turned on, videos are initially assigned ‘No status’. Team Owners and video creators with ‘full or edit access’ of the video can update to ‘In progress’, and only account owners with ‘edit or full access’ can update to ‘Approved’.
With this, account owners can now restrict downloads to approved videos only, making branding control easier!
Once the download restriction “Approved videos only” has been set up by the Team Owner, all videos in the account will display a status. There are 3 statuses:
- No Status
- In Progress
- The default video status is “No Status” whenever a new video is created.
- If “No Status” status is assigned to a video, the video status chip will only be shown when the user hovers over the video thumbnail on the video listing page.
- Both video creator and Team Owners with 'edit' or 'full access' of the video can update the video status to 'In Progress'.
- The video is pending for approval. The user will need to share the video with a Team Owner for them to approve it.
- If “In Progress” status is assigned to a video, the video status chip will be shown on the video thumbnail or video list
- Only Team Owners with 'edit' or 'full access' to the video can update the video to “Approved”.
- If “Approved” status is assigned to a video, the video status chip will be shown on the video thumbnail or video list.
- Only videos with “Approved” status can be downloaded
How to approve a video
Once the download restriction “Approved videos only” has been set up, only Team Owners can approve the videos under the account.
- Creators need to share the video with Edit or Full Access with the Team Owner.
- Once the Team Owner gets access to the video, they can update the video status in either the video preview page or the video listing page
- All the old videos, copied videos will be assigned as “No Status” by default once the download restriction is set up “Approved videos only” by the Team Owner.
- Video status changes to “In progress” automatically if users edit the videos with “Approved” status. They can copy the video and edit it instead.
Download an unapproved video
Once the download restriction “Approved videos only” has been set up, download options are automatically disabled for all videos. Team members will need to share the video with Edit or Full Access with the Team Owner for approval to be able to export the video.
Please note that Video Approval is in beta testing. As such, your feedback and suggestions are appreciated. Contact email@example.com with questions, suggestions, or technical issues.